Wave Transit Procurement
Below are listings of current solicitations and contract award information.
Solicitations may be updated through addenda. It is the responsibility of each bidder to ensure that they have reviewed all addenda prior to submitting a response.
- Invitation for Bids (IFB)
- Wave Transit does not currently have any Invitation for Bids (IFB)
- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Wave Transit does not currently have any Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Wave Transit does not currently have any Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Informal Price Quotations
Wave Transit offers surplus property for sale to the general public on a regular basis. The property is offered at auction on the GovDeals website. Click on the logo for current offerings and check back often for additional items.
The Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority maintains a list of bidders for specific types of procurement. To have your business added to the bidders list, email theAuthority Executive Director
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
The Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority has a Memorandum of Agreement with the North Carolina Department of Transportation regarding the Unified Certification Program which recognizes NCDOT as the certifying agency for Disadvantaged Businesses. All firms who wish to be recognized as DBE’s by the Authority must register and meet the certification requirement of NCDOT. For additional information regarding the NCDOT DBE Program click here.
As a recipient of federal funds, the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority is required to be compliant with 49 CFR Part 661. For additional information regarding FTA Buy America requirements click here.
Deliveries and Purchase Orders
Any products purchased by Wave Transit may only be received by us in one of two ways:
1. The product may be delivered to a Wave Transit facility. Deliveries may be made to:
- 1480 Castle Hayne Road, Wilmington, NC 28401 (primary address for parts deliveries; no USPS deliveries)
- 505 Cando Street, Wilmington, NC 28405
- P.O. Box 12630, Wilmington, NC 28405 (paper mail only)
2. The product may be picked up at your facility by a Wave Transit employee only if that employee has a paper purchase order for those items signed and approved by either the Director of Operations (Michael Williams) or Director of Finance (Joe Mininni). This is a change of procedure. Please do not give any products to a Wave Employee attempting to pick them up in person away from a Wave Transit facility unless that employee has an approved purchase order to show you.
In addition, if any vendor wishes to confirm the validity of a purchase order number received from Wave Transit prior to completing the order, you are free to contact Kim Mee, Accountant, at 910-202-2064 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the purchase order is valid. She will confirm the date of issue, vendor, and if the PO number provided is active. Any vendor looking for further validation may be provided a signed copy of the paper purchase order.
Refunds and Credits
Any vendor that needs to return funds to the Authority, i.e. a core refund, must do so by applying the refund to our account, or mailing a check made out to the Authority. No cash may be given to a Wave employee to cover this refund.