Below are listings of current solicitations and contract award information. Please note: Hard copy materials can be sent to the Authority’s physical address, Forden Station located at 505 Cando St., Wilmington, NC 28405 or our mailing address, P.O. Box 12630, Wilmington, NC 28405.
Solicitations may be updated through addenda. It is the responsibility of each bidder to ensure that they have reviewed all addenda prior to submitting a response.
- Request for Price Quotes
- Wave Transit currently does not have any Requests for Price Quotes
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Wave Transit is soliciting qualifications for Professional Engineering Services. A formal RFQ was published on Thursday, January 6, 2022 with statements of qualifications due on Wednesday, February 9, 2022.
- Click HERE for a copy of the formal solicitation.
- Invitation for Bids (IFB)
- Wave Transit does not currently have any Invitation for Bids
- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Wave Transit does not currently have any Requests for Proposals
Wave Transit offers surplus property for sale to the general public on a regular basis. The property is offered at auction on the GovDeals website. Click on the logo for current offerings and check back often for additional items.
The Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority maintains a list of bidders for specific types of procurement. To have your business added to the bidders list, email the Authority Executive Director.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
The Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority has a Memorandum of Agreement with the North Carolina Department of Transportation regarding the Unified Certification Program which recognizes NCDOT as the certifying agency for Disadvantaged Businesses. All firms who wish to be recognized as DBE’s by the Authority must register and meet the certification requirement of NCDOT. For additional information regarding the NCDOT DBE Program click here.
As a recipient of federal funds, the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority is required to be compliant with 49 CFR Part 661. For additional information regarding FTA Buy America requirements click here.
Deliveries and Purchase Orders
Any products purchased by Wave Transit may only be received by us in one of two ways:
1. The product may be delivered to a Wave Transit facility. Deliveries may be made to:
- 1480 Castle Hayne Road, Wilmington, NC 28401 (primary address for parts deliveries; no USPS deliveries)
- 505 Cando Street, Wilmington, NC 28405
- P.O. Box 12630, Wilmington, NC 28405 (USPS only)
2. The product may be picked up at your facility by a Wave Transit employee only if that employee has an authorized paper purchase order for the requested items. The purchase order must be signed and approved by either the Deputy Director or Director of Finance & Administration. The Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority is not liable for products received by anyone without a valid purchase order.
To confirm the validity of a purchase order please contact Kim Mee, Accounting Coordinator, at (910)202-2064 or by email to email@example.com to confirm the purchase order.
Refunds and Credits
Any vendor that needs to return funds to the Authority, i.e. a core refund, must do so by applying the refund to the account, or mailing a check made out to the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority. No cash may be given to a Wave employee to cover this refund.