Copyright© 2003-2022 Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority
Wave Transit provides the information on this server to the public, but retains copyright on all text, graphic images, and other content. Express written permission is required from Wave Transit to distribute the text or graphics to others in any fashion, or to “mirror” this information on your server. Copies of the information may be printed for personal use. Questions about this Copyright statement should be directed to the Authority Executive Director.
Definitions for this policy are referenced as follows:
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Application means the software program provided by Wave Transit downloaded by you on any electronic device, named RideMICRO.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (dba Wave Transit).
- Device means any device that can access the service such as a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Usage and location data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
- Service refers to the application.
- Service provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage and location Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated using the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Usage and Location Data
Usage and location data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Your Usage and Location Data
The Company may use usage and location data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- To provide you with news, and general information about services and events which related to public transportation in your area.
- To manage your requests.
- To attend and manage your requests to us.
Retention of Your Usage and Location Data
The Company will retain your usage and location data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes as outlined in this policy. We will retain and use your usage data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain usage and location data for internal analysis purposes. Usage and location data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
We do not collect personal information about you when you visit https://www.wavetransit.com unless you choose to provide this information to us. We will use the information that you voluntarily provide to us to notify you of selected content changes or new publications. We may also use it to conduct statistical analyses of user activities in order to measure user interest in the information we provide and how we provide it.
Information found on this site has been compiled from a variety of sources, and is subject to change at any time and without notice from Wave Transit. Wave Transit assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies. Questions or comments concerning information contained in the Wave Transit Web site should be directed to the the Authority Executive Director.
Wave Transit pages contain links to other Web sites. Wave Transit has not necessarily reviewed information contained on sites linked from any Wave Transit page for accuracy or legal sufficiency. Links to other information or organizations are provided for convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
By using the Wave Transit Web site, the user assumes all risks associated with its use, including risk of your computer, software, or data being damaged by any virus, program, or file which might be transmitted or activated by a Wave Transit page or your access to it. Wave Transit shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use of the Wave Transit Web site.
Email to Officials and Employees
Communications made through email and messaging system links contained on this site shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to Wave Transit or any of its agencies, officers, employees, or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the Authority or any of its agencies, officers, employees, or representatives, where notice is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations. Email directly to Authority staff may be used to address business issues and content on this site. General web site related comments, questions or recommendation may be directed to the Authority Executive Director. Additionally, any information provided to the Authority via this website may be considered a public record.