Downtown Transit Center
About the Project
The Downtown Wilmington Transit Center project is a collaborative effort between the City of Wilmington, the Wilmington Metropolitan Planning Organization (WMPO), and the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (Wave Transit). The facility will be located at 520 North Third Street in Downtown Wilmington. Several reports have been commissioned for the project (click on the study to download):
- The Wilmington Urban Area Multi-Modal Transportation Center Feasibility Study (2000)
- Wilmington Multi-Modal Transportation Center Site Evaluation Report (2004)
- Transit Needs Study for the Wilmington Multimodal Transportation Center (2009)
- Wilmington, NC Train Station Master Plan and Conceptual Design (2010)
On Thursday, November 15, 2018, Wave Board members, funding partners, and local elected officials participated in the ceremonial groundbreaking of the Downtown Wilmington Transit Center. See a video below from the groundbreaking ceremony. The center is located at North 3rd and Campbell St. and when completed will provide more safety, accessibility, and convenience for transit customers on their daily commutes.
It is our desire that the facility should harmonize with its environment, that it should be a handsome addition to the area, and that its operation should mesh seamlessly with the activities of the neighborhood. For this, we are seeking input from stakeholders: local residents, adjacent property owners, and business operating in the area. Stakeholder meetings will occur on an as needed basis. Notes from the first meeting can be found below:
- WMMTC Stakeholder Meeting- April 6, 2016 (click to download)
- WMMTC Stakeholder and Community Meeting- Tuesday, October 17, 2017
If you would like to be added to our distribution list to receive project updates and notifications on stakeholder meetings, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation will be provided upon receipt of your e-mail request.