Downtown Transit Center
To be located at North 3rd St and Campbell St., the new Downtown Transit Center will offer residents and visitors more safety, convenience, and accessibility on their way to work or play. The project is a collaborative effort between the City of Wilmington, the Wilmington Metropolitan Planning Organization (WMPO), and the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (Wave Transit).
On Thursday, November 15, 2018, Wave Board members, funding partners, and local elected officials participated in the ceremonial groundbreaking of the Downtown Wilmington Transit Center. See a video below from the groundbreaking ceremony.
It is our desire that the facility should harmonize with its environment, that it should be a handsome addition to the area, and that its operation should mesh seamlessly with the activities of the neighborhood. For this, we are seeking input from stakeholders: local residents, adjacent property owners, and business operating in the area. Stakeholder meetings will occur on an as needed basis. Notes from the first meeting can be found below:
- WMMTC Stakeholder Meeting- April 6, 2016 (click to download)
- WMMTC Stakeholder and Community Meeting- Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Project Plans and Studies
Several reports have been commissioned for the project (click on the study to download):
- The Wilmington Urban Area Multi-Modal Transportation Center Feasibility Study (2000)
- Wilmington Multi-Modal Transportation Center Site Evaluation Report (2004)
- Transit Needs Study for the Wilmington Multimodal Transportation Center (2009)
- Wilmington, NC Train Station Master Plan and Conceptual Design (2010)
If you would like to be added to our distribution list to receive project updates and notifications on stakeholder meetings, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation will be provided upon receipt of your e-mail request.